Monday, January 30, 2012

Dog Training Basics

A dog is a very smart creature, like me of course. It does not take much to get us to do a few tricks. There are a number of options to gather information to start the training. You can get books at the library and pet store, the internet, training classes, and even your local 4-H group might have a dog project. These resources will show you where to start and how a little treat can get us to do just about anything. The first command you will want to start with is sit. For the "excited" dog, like me, this can be just a little more difficult. I blame it on my wonderful, wagging tail. With a little patience and a great treat it can be done. Start off with no longer than 5 minutes. You don't want to overwhelm your dog. You can try this during your walk, before you give them their food or just about any time. Well, keep up the good work--I can't wait to hear about your progress. Scout.

No comments:

Post a Comment