11-ounce bag of butterscotch chips/morsels (2 cups)
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
8-ounce can of salted peanuts and/or cashew nuts (1 1/2 cups)
5-ounce can of chow mein noodles (2 1/2 cups)
1. Mix butterscotch chips and peanut butter together in a large, microwave-safe bowl.
2. Microwave this mixture at 50% power for 5 minutes. Set timer at 1-minute
intervals; take bowl out of oven and stir after every minute, until chips are melted.
3. Add nuts and noodles to melted chips and peanut butter mixture. Stir until
all are coated.
4. Drop mixture by tablespoons on baking sheets (making haystacks) that have
been lined with waxed paper.
5. Place baking sheets with candy in refrigerator to “set” for 15-20 minutes.
6. Enjoy- -and store leftovers in refrigerator or in airtight containers at room
7. This recipe makes approximately 3 dozen candy haystacks.